We don't need another pretty-fabric re-do of what worked in the 19th Century.
We need a new concept in respirators, based on the latest requirements and technologies.
Octo Safety Devices has created a hybrid respirator that provides superior protection, is comfortable to use for extended periods of time, and is reusable, without the need for replacement filters.
What makes the Octo® Respirator Mask different:
- SUPERIOR PROTECTION ~ the antimicrobial filter effectively captures and kills pathogens on contact, while filtering upto 99% of particulates in the atmosphere. Our proprietary filter material received a 99% particulate capture rating from Nelson Laboratories (see below).
- FULLY STERILIZABLE ~ we built and tested the Octo™ Respirator to withstand boiling and autoclaving while maintaining its protective integrity, WITHOUT THE NEED OF REPLACEMENT FILTERS
- BREATHABILITY ~ most masks require breathing through the mouth, but with the Octo Respirator the wearer can comfortably breathe through the nose
- LARGE VENTS ~ allow clear communication and release CO2, heat and moisture rapidly, so that there's no uncomfortable build up inside the respirator
- SILICONE FACIAL SKIRT ~ ultra-soft and lightweight, allowing for comfortable extended wear. It is uniquely designed with 3 seals, to accommodate for a wide variety of face shapes and sizes
- OUR TEST RESULTS ~ Our filter material was tested on industry standard TSI 8130 filter testing machines challenging it with particles of the most penetrating particle size range, 0.3 micron. The test showed that a single layer of our filter material had a filtration efficiency of over 98%. We use two layers of this material in our respirator masks.
Our antimicrobial silver filter material creates a very important additional layer of protection. Nelson Laboratories, a global leader in 3rd party testing, verified that our mask stopped over 99.9% in a bacterial filtration test with the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus, which had a mean particle size of 3.0 to 0.3 micron (Nelson Report, PDF 799KB).