OCTO® Respirator Mask Surpasses Standards
OCTO® Respirator Mask Surpasses Standards, Becoming the First to Meet Nearly All 28 Recommendations in the Federal Government’s 2009 B.R.E.A.T.H.E. Report
OCTO® Respirator Mask features a silver-bonded filter that starts to kill pathogens on contact, filtering over 97% of particles, while offering bi-directional protection, a 10-year shelf life and more.
MIAMI (August 20, 2020) – For the first time since the federal government’s 2009 B.R.E.A.T.H.E. Report was released urging 28 recommendations needed to significantly improve respirator masks, a device that meets nearly all 28 is now available. Created by OCTO® Safety Devices, the patent pending OCTO® Respirator Mask (ORM) was tested to and surpassed all commonly held standards set by the N95 respirator mask, while maintaining easy breathability. Offering true bi-directional protection to keep both the wearer and those around them safe, the OCTO® Respirator Mask (ORM) starts to kill pathogens on contact with its advanced silver-bonded filter material. With easy disinfection and sanitization, the OCTO® Respirator Mask (ORM) is designed for long-term use and a decade of shelf life.
The OCTO® Respirator Mask (ORM) was initially conceptualized and developed prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, for professionals working 8- to 12-hour shifts, in jobs where breathing clean and safe air can be difficult, such as healthcare, construction, industrial sectors and more. OCTO® Safety Devices’ founders Natasha Duwin and Tobias Franoszek began a journey of creating the most effective elastomeric respirator mask possible, not knowing COVID-19 was lurking around the corner.
“For more than a decade since the B.R.E.A.T.H.E. Report was released, there’s been a substantial need for a respirator mask that met all 28 recommendations to help professionals across many industries where air is contaminated,” said Duwin. “With the unfortunate and rapid rise of the coronavirus pandemic, that need accelerated and expanded to every human on the planet. We are responding by ramping up production of the OCTO® Respirator Mask (ORM) for immediate consumer use while we await the necessary certifications for healthcare professionals and work toward establishing a sustainable stockpile to ensure shortages never happen again.”
Most face masks and respirator masks on the market lack sophistication in terms of providing true protection, practicality, comfort and longevity of use. Duwin and Franoszek believe OCTO® Safety Devices can serve the public with high-quality respirator masks that meet the demands of our current global pandemic. Each month, 2,500 ORM units are being produced by OCTO® Safety Devices in an effort to quickly make the pre-production version available in the face of current shortages; the team aims to produce 2 million ORM units every year beginning in 2021.
“As troubling as COVID-19 is, the pandemic was not unexpected,” said Franoszek. “We’ve experienced SARS, MERS, H1N1 and other health epidemics in recent memory, and we’re lucky to have avoided a global pandemic until now. Even once COVID-19 comes under control, the truth is that history repeats itself, and we may find ourselves here again one day. It is imperative that we educate ourselves and better prepare for the future. We hope to make the OCTO® Respirator Mask (ORM) accessible to everyone who needs it now and amass a stored supply to prevent unnecessary deaths and health risks moving forward.”
The OCTO 8
Among its many advancements for respirator masks, ORM details eight clear points of differentiation:
1. OCTO means bi-directional protection – ORM keeps both the user and those around them safe from pathogens and particulates. The pervading narrative that masks are worn to protect other people, rather than protect the wearer, must be replaced with this more responsible truth: You must adequately protect yourself first in order to protect those around you.
2. OCTO means antimicrobial – The moment ORM is securely sealed on the user’s face, its revolutionary silver-bonded filter material starts killing pathogens on contact.
3. OCTO means simplicity – Unlike other respirator masks, ORM comes as a single unit with no replacement filters or parts that need to be changed out.
4. OCTO means breathability – ORM’s unique design increases breathability due to its pleated filter design. This advancement increases the filter area to facilitate the flow of oxygen.
5. OCTO means durable – Offering a year-long lifespan and a decade of shelf-life, ORM is reusable, environmentally friendly, and can be easily disinfected and sterilized.
6. OCTO means comfortable – ORM was initially designed for professionals working full day shifts. Its ultra-soft, medical-grade silicone contours to the face, making it wearable for extended periods of time.
7. OCTO means science – The expert team spent years developing every detail of the ORM, acquiring patents on the design, process and materials used. There’s nothing else like ORM on the market, and no other mask comes this close to meeting all 28 recommendations of the B.R.E.A.T.H.E. Report.
8. OCTO means American made – There are masks being made all over the world, and with global manufacturing comes unforeseen risks. Every ORM unit is proudly made in the US to some of the highest safety standards in the world.
OCTO Safety Devices currently offers ORM for $107, price-aligned with other tested and professional- grade respirator masks on the market. Purchases can be made at www.OCTOsafety.com and financing options are available to make ORM as accessible as possible to everyone. Wider distribution and in-store sales are forthcoming.
For more information on OCTO Safety Devices and ORM, visit https://OCTOSafety.com and follow on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About OCTO® Safety Devices
OCTO® Safety Devices was established on January 3, 2020 after founders Natasha Duwin and Tobias Franoszek acquired the patents for a new kind of respirator mask, now known as the OCTO® Respirator Mask (ORM) in December 2019. Initially intended to create safer work environments where air is contaminated, the COVID-19 pandemic expedited the widespread need for a respirator mask like the OCTO® Respirator Mask (ORM). Providing both pathogen and particulate protection, ORM is a highly advanced, practical and effective mask with a long-term lifespan that can be worn comfortably for many hours and be easily sanitized, sterilized and reused. ORM is available for purchase at OCTOsafety.com.
# # #
NewGround PR & Marketing